National Park regulations
>National Park regulations
The National Park of Guadeloupe is a valuable asset to conserve to enjoy today and pass on intact to our children. Also, it is subject to regulation under a code of conduct :
- I try not to make noise for the peace of all.
- To conserve biological diversity, I do not pick the flowers or any sample: animals, plants and minerals belong to the landscape.
- I do not hunt in the park: all park animals are protected.
- To avoid getting lost, I do not leave the marked trails. I do not cross the hairpin sections of trails in certain sensitive places. This is good general practice to avoid degradation and soil erosion.
- To preserve the beauty of the sites and avoid pollution, I do not camp unless with special permission from the National Park of Guadeloupe.
- To limit path degradation, I do not drive motorcycles or quads outside the authorized routes.
- I do not go canyoning.
- To avoid any risk of pollution of rivers, I do not wash anything in rivers.
- To preserve the aquatic environment, I do not fish in the rivers.
- To keep nature clean, I do not throw away any waste. I bring my trash with me to throw it in the designated places.
- I am not engaged in business activities in the park without management approval of the National Park of Guadeloupe.
- For the peace of the animals, dogs are not allowed on the paths of the National Park or in the picnic areas, even on a leash.
- To avoid fires and soil degradation, I do not light any fire.
- Overflights are subject to authorization.
The limits of the National Park of Guadeloupe are represented by signs and panels in the colours of the Park.
Regulatory references :
- Order No. 14-27 of 25 February 2014 on the procedure for enforcement of regulations in the National Park of Guadeloupe
- Decree No. 2014-48 of 21 January 2014
- Decree No. 2009-614 of 3 June 2009 taken for adapting the delimitation and regulation of the National Park of Guadeloupe with the provisions of the Environmental Code from Law No. 2006-436 of 14 April 2006
- Law No. 2006-436 of 14 April 2006 on national parks