Be careful when water levels are high!
Please note: unsupervised car parks and swimming.
Reception area of Les Chutes du Carbet
terminus de la RD4 , route de l'Habituée, 97130 Capesterre-Belle-Eau
Opening hours :
- In low season (May 1st to June 30th, September 1st to October 31th) : daily from 8.00 am to 1.00 pm.
- In high season (November 1st to April 30th, July 1st to August 31th : daily from 8.00 am to 4.30 pm.
Services : reception centre, shop, toilets, parking, picnic area. The promontory of the reception area is accessible to people with reduced mobility.
Please note : parkings are not supervised.
In exchange for the services provided on the site, a financial contribution is requested to visitors (prices 06/2022 to 05/2023) :
- Adults : 5.15 € / pers.
- Children (- 12 years) : 3.10 € / pers.
- Families (2 adults + 2 children): 7.20 €
- Groups adults (from 8 pers.) : 3.60 € / pers.
- Groups children (from 8 pers.) : 1,55€ / pers.
- One-year access card : 8.25 € / pers.
GPS location : Lat: 16,04198 N - Lng: 61,63822 W.
Access and parking
On the RN1 road, from Saint-Sauveur (between Bananier and the town of Capesterre-Belle-Eau), turn towards the Carbet Falls. Continue along the D4 road. The road is steep and winding in the forest. Go past the Grand Etang car park, carry on and go past the little bridge over the Tonnelle Ravine. Continue until you get to a descent with bamboo trees on the right-hand side (before arriving at the Rivière Grosse Corde bridge). Park here.
Report a problem or an error
If you have found an error on this page or if you have noticed any problems during your hike, please report them to us here: