1 point of interest
View over La CiterneIn fine weather, view over La Citerne.
From there, you will see links to other hiking trails, including climbs up Mount Echelle, La Soufrière, etc.
Plan to have a vehicle at the planned point of arrival (in Les Bains Jaunes, for example), or return by the hairpin road and go down towards the Carbet Falls visitors' area in Capesterre-Belle-Eau.
NB: the hairpin road is a section of the "Trace des Alizés" GR hiking trail (stage 2).
More details about La Citerne refuge: HERE.
- Departure : La Citerne refuge, Capesterre-Belle-Eau.
- Arrival : a crossroads with the old Citerne road (access road to the aerials), at the foot of Mount Echelle.
- Towns crossed : Capesterre-Belle-Eau and Gourbeyre
It is vital to act in a responsible way, so that everyone can enjoy the hike!
Headquarters of the National Park of Guadeloupe
Montéran, 97120 Saint-Claude
0590 41 55 55
The reception and shop are open to the public :
- Monday, Tuesday and Thursday : 8 am to 12.30 pm and 2 pm to 5 pm.
- Wednesday : from 8 am to 1 pm.
- Friday : 8 am to 12.30 pm.
Services : reception, shop, toilets, free parking. Building accessible to people with reduced mobility.
Localisation GPS : Lat: 16,01634 N - Lng: 61,70753 W.
Access and parking
No road access.
NB: traffic is prohibited on the old Citerne road (access reserved for the emergency services and the aerial technical teams).
Report a problem or an error
If you have found an error on this page or if you have noticed any problems during your hike, please report them to us here:
- Ecotourism accommodation