Third Carbet Waterfall
Please note: a bylaw forbids access to the section after the platform and so to the 3rd Carbet Waterfall. This description is limited to the authorised sections, without the last part.
Footbridge + signs
Sierran palm and Arouma
River to cross and panel
On the other side is a panel with information about animals living in the water.
Crossroads and Candlewood
After 35 minutes on this path (and crossing a gully two-thirds of the way along), you arrive at a fork towards the 2nd Waterfall and a disused karbay (with no table). From this point, the descent towards the ONF platform begins. The trail stops here (municipal bylaw).
You go back the same way.
- Departure : in Petit-Marquisat, above Routhiers, in Capesterre-Belle-Eau.
- Arrival : in Petit-Marquisat, above Routhiers, in Capesterre-Belle-Eau.
- Towns crossed : Capesterre-Belle-Eau
In this natural setting, you should be particularly careful and alert, since Guadeloupe is subject to natural risks. It is vital to act in a responsible way, so that everyone can enjoy the hike!
Please note: unsupervised car park.
Reception area of Les Chutes du Carbet
terminus de la RD4 , route de l'Habituée, 97130 Capesterre-Belle-Eau
Opening hours :
- In low season (May 1st to June 30th, September 1st to October 31th) : daily from 7.00 am to 1.00 pm.
- In high season (November 1st to April 30th, July 1st to August 31th : daily from 7.00 am to 4.30 pm.
Services : reception centre, shop, toilets, parking, picnic area. The promontory of the reception area is accessible to people with reduced mobility.
Please note : parkings are not supervised.
In exchange for the services provided on the site, a financial contribution is requested to visitors (prices 06/2022 to 05/2023) :
- Adults : 5.15 € / pers.
- Children (- 12 years) : 3.10 € / pers.
- Families (2 adults + 2 children): 7.20 €
- Groups adults (from 8 pers.) : 3.60 € / pers.
- Groups children (from 8 pers.) : 1,55€ / pers.
- One-year access card : 8.25 € / pers.
GPS location : Lat: 16,04198 N - Lng: 61,63822 W.
Access and parking
From Capesterre-Belle-Eau, follow the panels for "3ème Chute du Carbet". Take the D3 road towards Routhiers and Petit Marquisat, and continue to the end of the road.
NB: a municipal bylaw forbids visitors from going down to the waterfall (due to a rock slide).
Report a problem or an error
If you have found an error on this page or if you have noticed any problems during your hike, please report them to us here: